Autism Awareness Month

April is autism awareness month.

I have met so many wonderful children that are on the autism spectrum.  They have taught me so much about themselves and so much about myself that no textbook ever could.  I have learned to see, hear and feel things in many different ways, the world has really been opened up to me through these little teachers.

Autism is not a visible disability, but a uniqueness that these children - and adults - possess if you only take the time to learn and understand them.

I made this card, using a gorgeous stamp from Imagine That Stamps. I coloured it with my copics and then added some gloss.


I am so delighted that my card is now shown on Imagine That Digistamps website as it also shows a book that I helped become a reality.  This fabulous book helps children understand their peers who have Autism in an informative but picturesque way.  I've read it countless times to my own children and they tell me stories of their friends as they relate to Bodie Finch in the book.  If you want to buy this book you can find it here at the Early Childhood Australia Shop.



I have joined the following challenges:

Hiding in my Craftroom - Super Scraps Saturday (w)
Polkadoodles - Anything Goes (w)
Dream Valley Challenges - 4 Legged Friends (2w)
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes

4 comments

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Sarah this is so fabulous hun! On both counts!! Your card is gorgeous and a wonderful way to commemorate autism awareness month. Love your papers and the fab image and lovely sentiment. The book sounds fabulous too and what a wonderful thing to have been a part of! Yay you! A very worthy cause. Hugs, Wends xoxo

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card I love the image and great sentiment-my little 9yrs old grandaughter is on the Aspergers spectrum- --Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x

Planetsusie said...

What a beautiful card and I love the fact that you were involved in a book to help children understand others with autism. Brilliant card - although I now have that song in my head and am trilling away! Beautiful words though. Thank you for joining us over on the Crafts Galore Encore (Anything Goes) Challenge this month. Lots of luck. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Jacki Daniels said...

How adorable than you so much for playing along with us this time hope to see you again soon
Polkadoodles
Jacki (PD DT) ♥