Beautiful pink orchids

Mother's Day is coming up and that means that the orchids around my house have started to flower!  Two years ago I received an orchid from my mother-in-law and it has the most glorious fuschia pink flowers.  This year hubby has given me another, and it's just as beautiful.

I created this card with a beautiful orchid digi image from A Passion For Stamps. I printed it twice and then coloured specific parts to create a 3D effect.  I then glittered and glossed it to look like the waxy surface of real orchids.  The top of the pot has artificial moss and the air roots are visible on top.


I used an embossing folder that I got free on a magazine and created a matte with it.  I doodled around the edges to separate the colours.  I used Tanya Leigh Designz Project Life Pastel Set Cards to create a ribbon look across the card.  I also tucked in a little tab that says "beautiful" and adhered a little wooden bunny with a black gem eye.


From this angle, you can see the 3D elements.  I added petals, buds and leaves which I coloured with my Copics and then glossed and glittered.

I have joined the following challenges:

Lemon Shortbread Challenge - Anything goes (2w)
4 Crafty Chicks - Celebrate Woman (w)
CCEE Stampers - Wildflower Week (w)
Simon Says Stamp Blog - Going dotty (w)

4 comments

  1. What a cute bunny and flower. Great card I love the colors and those layers are super cool! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah what fab orchids & isn't it awesome you repay the favour by returning her some orchids too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, your card is wonderful - love the embossing, the mix of purple and aqua, and of course, that cute bunny and beautiful orchid! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Sarah! LOVE the gorgeous decoupaged flowers!! Fabulous. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me some love! xoxo