Christmas in July!

We're celebrating Christmas in July over at My Scrap Chick, and you're invited to dinner!

Over the next few days I'm going to be sharing some wonderful Christmas makes using My Scrap Chick templates and my scissors.  That's right - you don't need a cutting machine to join in the fun - My Scrap Chick provides you with templates or cutting files for every item in their store!

So come and join us, and get in the festive spirit a little early this year.

Today I have created a 3D shaker snow globe card using the Snowman Snowglobe Card template.  I paperpieced using lots of festive scrap papers, 3D foam tape, Stickles and a sheet of acetate.


I assembled the card using the template, but I added a half inch edge so that I could add faux snow at the bottom of the snowman.  I added some Christmas chipboard stickers and flocked the strip of snow on the front for texture.  The white snowballs you see in the background were created using two different sized whole punches - they worked perfectly and were much quicker and easier than cutting by hand.  I also doodled some lines on the scarf and added some white "shine" lines on the snow man's hat.  The star has yellow Stickles on it.


Come over to the My Scrap Chick blog and see what the Design Team have created this Christmas in July!

I have also added my card to the following challenges:

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Anything goes (2w)
Catch the Bug Challenge - Anything goes (w)
My Time to Craft - Christmas in July (2w)
Crimbo Crackers - Sentiment (2w)


7 comments

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so fun!!!

Cynthia said...

This is an adorable shaker card, Sarah. Thanks for joining the July Anything Goes challenge at Catch the Bug!

Kath said...

A fabulous shaker card and a cute snowman. Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Kath x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 340 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too x

UnaChicaNica said...

Super cuuute!!!

K M Meena Herale said...

Its so beautiful. Thank you for Joining us at My Time To Craft and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena MTTC DT

Rae Ann said...

This is so cute! Love the added snow and the papers you used are so festive.

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.