Birthday cake

It's a month of birthdays this month, so I'm making lots of birthday cards!  I've also joined in with Some Odd Girl and their 12 days of colouring challenge, so I have lots of coloured images to add to my creations.

I went with soft colours for this image, making the cake a soft pink and the girl's dress is a muted mauve with matching party hat.

The card was created with a base of pink cardstock, then I layered on a heart print die cut.  I tucked in some red tickets and adhered some pretty flowers and gems.

Lastly I doodled some borders around the entire card and the image.

When is your birthday? Does it fall in February too?


The film strip behind the image is a sticker that comes on a full 12x12 sheet.  I trimmed it to fit my card.

I have joined the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes (w)
Creative Knockouts - Birthday Wishes (w)
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes with Feminine Twist (w)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes with love twist (w)
Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Anything Goes (2w)


4 comments

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Sarah, what a wonderful image! I love how thrilled she is with her cake! Great colouring and perfect die-cuts in the background of the card as well. The tickets under the "Happy Birthday" add the perfect touch as does the film strip. How appropriate for a February birthday to have hearts all over it. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Tangii said...

Very cute birthday card! Thanks for playing along with 4 Crafty Chicks, hope to see you again!

Lori Turner said...

What a super sweet card! Thank you so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxxo

Sandy said...

A fab image to inspire your birthday creation. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create Challenges.
Hugs, Sandy DT